Where can you find me?

Monday, October 23, 2017

Coral-Lina....Delicate as a shell, now retired



I logged in tonight to SeneGence to place my weekly order to find that Coral-Lina has disappeared from the ordering screen. It sold out a few weeks ago, but as they say, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. 

And she sang. 

Coral-Lina is no longer available for ordering.

Coral-Lina is now a retired color for SeneGence. It was released in July as a Make It Mine color by Princess Lina Roth, who was inspired by the corals of the Great Barrier Reef. It is an absolutely wonderful pink coral and reminds me a lot of shells, coral, beach colors, and all things that are so wonderful about the beach. It's so different from any other colors that we have in our line up of colors....I hate to see it go because coral lovers everywhere really need this in their crayon box. But...it is not necessarily a summer color! Coral-Lina is a fantastic color to layer over other colors because of its translucent and shimmery iridescence. You can build it up on its own or layer it over a darker coral or a pink to lighten it up and make it a different color all your own. It is also light enough that you can change the color every so slightly with Bougainvillea Gloss or Orchid Gloss. And Opal or Pearl Gloss will make the iridescent frosty shimmer sparkle even more. 

I've not worn this color as much as I wish I had this summer mostly because of time, but the times that I have worn it, it has been really lovely with my skin tone. The first time I wore it was at my outdoor booth in Canton, Texas, so as you can tell, I'm pretty tan and well, glistening! But it was taken in the sunlight so you can see the shine and the frost. The gloss I wore with this outdoors shot is Pearl Gloss so you can see it gives it just a hint of a luminosity as only Pearl Gloss does. Tonight I put it on to highlight how it looks indoors now that we are heading into fall. We are fortunate in Texas that our summery clothing with the right accessories can be worn year-round, and I admit that I have been known to wear peach skirts and tops and sweaters in the dead cold of January from time to time since I like bright colors and pastels as well as darker fall and wintery jewel tones. And I do love the ocean!



Coral-Lina applies very evenly and does not streak although I definitely recommend going in one direction as I do with every color. In these pictures, I have paired Coral-Lina with Glossy Gloss, so that the color on my lips is not altered in any way. I did notice that when I was applying it to my upper lip, it did tend to pool a little bit but one more stroke of the applicator and it smoothed out perfectly and dried down into a frosty shimmer. 



No makeup, black Irma tunic, and an orange headband to go with Halloween. Not such a summer color now!

And for fun, how can we layer this beautiful coral? These are my favorites that I'm dying to try! And best of all, these are all layered with colors that you can easily wear for fall or may already HAVE for fall. Mulled Wine is a gorgeous burgundy merlot color, Lexie Beary is a berry color that sides with purple and Nude is a neutral brown that is great for everyday wear. Look what you can create by mixing these with Coral-Lina! (If you would like to save these to your Pinterest board, just click here to take you to my Pinterest Recipes board so you can pin them for later use.)



So, don't wait....make sure and grab this gorgeous color before it's gone! I have plenty in stock and as a parting gift with this wonderful color, anyone that would like to order this color from me by the time the clock strikes 12 midnight on Halloween will be entitled to a special discount! Please email me directly to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment