Where can you find me?

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Icicle: The colorless color


My sponsor says that Icicle is the only time I have annoyed her with my questions. And that's because I couldn't understand what this was when I first heard about it. Why in the world would you make a LipSense without pigment? So the incessant questions: "Is it a gloss?" "Is it a primer?" "Is it a color diffuser?"

The answer: Icicle is whatever you want it to be because the uses for it are so limitless. BUT IT IS NOT A GLOSS! If you want to wear this as a clear color, you will need to top it with Glossy Gloss or one of the other fantastic glosses. I recently sold this to a customer who didn't want color, but wanted this to layer under Silver Glitter Gloss. No complaints yet and it was exactly what she wanted!

I almost hate to post an article raving about how great Icicle is because it is a retired item, but I have sixteen of them at the date of this article in my inventory. It's not a big seller because it doesn't have color in it. But, if after reading this article you decide that you just have to have it, let me know and you can purchase one of my precious Icicle children. And every time I find a distributor with more Icicle children needing a forever home, I raise my hand!

Things to use it for:

1) You can use it as a primer. That is what I primarily use it for. I apply it on my clean bare lips FIRST before I apply LipSense. It smooths out your lips, creates an even surface for your lip color, and fills in any divots, cracks or gaps. And doing this actually makes your color easier to remove, because ICICLE is the one that adheres to your lips and not the color! Distributors: This is actually a good tip for guests that want to try on more than one color; have your shoppers apply Icicle FIRST and it will make removing strongly pigmented colors such as Fly Girl or Blu-Red a little easier!
2) You can use it to fill in imperfections. I used this quite successfully on a guest at a party who had a large gap in her lower lip due to chapped lips but wanted to wear First Love. Two coats of First Love, one coat of Icicle, another coat of First Love, and a Matte Gloss topper, and GAP BE GONE!
3) You can use it to soften bolder colors. Strawberry Shortcake too red? Top it with Icicle. Sheer Berry too deep? Top it with Icicle. 
4) Are you in love with one of the BlushSense, ShadowSense or a different brand of eyeshadow like green? Try this as a sealer over that item and see what happens! I tried this with Onyx ShadowSense back when Blackberry was retired and it worked great!
It's retired, so once I have run out, it's gone but if you think that this is something that you need to have in your LipSense repertoire, please contact me right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment