Where can you find me?

Saturday, November 11, 2017

SeneDerm Body Wash...I need a little freshness in my life!


Get it? I need a little freshness in my life? I need a little sugar in my life? A la Maroon 5? 

I'll admit it that when I got my first bottle of SeneDerm Body Wash waaaaaaay back in February when I started being a distributor I kind of chuckled a little bit.

Then I ran out of shower gel last week and stopped laughing.

This stuff is GREAT! It smells so fresh and clean and doesn't leave any kind of irritating flowery residue behind. I don't feel dry or scaly. I was smelling it and the only descriptive I could come up with was fresh like the ocean. My husband's first reaction? Clean, fresh, and beachy. My daughter's first reaction? Clean, beachy and fresh clean laundry. See a theme here? 

So being the total nerd that I am, what do I do? I had to read the ingredients to figure out what is making this different from all of the other shower gels and body washes that I have used that make me itch. In other words, why should I use this over any other shower or body wash from any other company? Why is this worth $20 when I can buy 3 shower gels from Bath and Body Works for the same price?

Well...it turns out that there are FOUR ingredients in our body wash that were QUITE a surprise to me! I never would have guessed these four ingredients! And of course, what DO THEY DO?

1) Glucosamine. 

So yeah, the only thing I've ever heard about this mysterious vitamin is that it is really, really great for joint pain. Who knew that it was also great for skin care? According to my GTS research, glucosamine is actually great to be applied as a topical application. One of the most important skin glycosaminoglycans is hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful, natural humectant that has the capacity to bind and hold onto water. Awesome, so it helps with moisturization! In addition, glucosamine is a nutrient that is a natural component of healthy cartilage, and glucosamine compounds have been reported to have several beneficial effects on the skin or skin cells. Because of its stimulation of hyaluronic acid synthesis, glucosamine has been shown to accelerate wound healing, improve skin hydration, and decrease wrinkles. In addition, as an inhibitor of tyrosinase activation, it inhibits melanin production and is useful in treatment of disorders of hyperpigmentation. Mechanistically, glucosamine also has both anti-inflammatory (reduces swelling!) and chondroprotective effects. Glucosamine could prove to be an effective topical treatment to reverse the effects of skin cells damaged by UV exposure. Glucosamine has anti-aging benefits for skin care both as a cream and as oral supplement.

Lots of science in there, but what sticks out in MY mind the most is anti-aging and possible reversal of sun damage. Two points right there!

2) Orchid Extract.

Orchids are beautiful, and I've always seen orchid extract listed as an ingredient in many skin creams and lotions, but I had no idea that there was actually a purpose behind it other than fragrance. Apparently orchid extract is known to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles and act as an anti-oxidant and humectant that moisturizes, soothes and conditions our skin. 

3) Algae Extract.

No, not the algae that grows in a fish tank....we're talking about seaweed. Nutrient-rich seaweed. You eat it in ice cream, it's in face masks, and it's in our sushi. Algae conditions, hydrates, softens and detoxifies the skin, all while replenishing essential vitamins and minerals. Rich in antioxidants, algae also helps to protect skin against free radical damage and prevents the formation of an enzyme that causes the deprivation of collagen. And....what is SenePlex? It is the collagen regeneration system developed by SeneGence that is in all of our skin care. Algae is very high in essential amino acids, proteins, and a variety of vitamins—including vitamins A, B, C, and E. Skin types that benefit most from algae-infused products are dry skin, sensitive skin, and those who want to combat and prevent signs of aging. The algae extract in these beauty products helps to fight the signs of aging skin, improve elasticity and nourish. Yup, yup, sign me up!

4) Aloe Extract

For me, you say aloe and I picture putting straight aloe from an aloe plant on my skin when I was thirteen and suffering from the worst sunburn of my life in San Diego. With anti-inflammatory and cooling properties, Aloe Vera gel is the perfect remedy for sunburned skin. It provides a protective layer to the skin which helps retain moisture. Aloe is also rich in antioxidants and minerals which can help speed healing. It contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants that work wonders for the skin. But, did you also know that aloe extract is used effectively to heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema? 

So, there are all the cool things about our shower gel that are beneficial. However, on a non-scientific level, I just really like it. It's not overly foamy or sudsy and just  a little bit goes a long way. I noticed after a few uses that it left my skin soft and moisturized, smelling fresh like a day at the beach and not at all dry which I do experience sometimes with shower gels that are a little sudsy. 



Looking for something fresh and different with wonderfully delightful benefits for your skin? Give this a try today!

No comments:

Post a Comment